For 3-4 main servings:
· 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
· 2 tbsp wildflower honey
· 1 tbsp dijon (or other mild) mustard
· 1 clove garlic, crushed, peeled and chopped
· 1-2 tsp grated ginger
· 1-2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
· About 800g chicken nibbles or wings
· Sesame seeds and spring onions to garnish
1. Measure the first five ingredients (or six if you use the sesame oil) into a plastic bag. Massage the bag to mix together, add the chicken and massage again to coat with the marinade. Squeeze as much air as you can out of the bag and leave to stand for at least 15 minutes (refrigerate if marinating for more than 20-30 minutes).
2. While the chicken marinates, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a sponge roll tin with foil or baking paper and add the chicken and marinate. Spread the pieces so they are in a single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest part.
3. Arrange the chicken on plates or on a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and thinly sliced spring onions.