2 new zealand quality mark lamb boneless loin (striploin), with the skin on
2 tblsp rewarewa honey
2 tblsp red wine or port
1 tblsp whole black peppercorns
1/2 tsp salt
1 lemon or lime (grated rind)
1. Using a sharp knife, score the fat layer of the strip loins and place in a re sealable bag.
2. Place the peppercorns on a chopping board and use the edge of a saucepan to crush them coarsely.
3. In a small bowl mix together the peppercorns, honey, salt, red wine or port and lemon or lime rind. Pour into the re sealable bag and toss to coat the lamb.
4. Seal the end and place in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight.
5. Remove the lamb from the marinade. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sear the lamb over a high heat.
6. Roast in a 200 degrees celsius oven for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before carving across the grain.
7. Serve with winter vegetables, creamed mashed potatoes and the honey jus.