· 600g orange kumara, cut into 1 inch chunks (leave the skin on)
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon runny rewarewa honey or maple syrup
· ½ cup dried couscous
· ½ cup boiling water
· Knob of butter
· Finely grated zest of 1 orange
· ¾ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
· 1 x 70g packet pine nuts, toasted
· ¾ cup chopped dried cranberries or cherries, chopped
· Handful parsley, finely chopped
· Good handful mint leaves, torn
Preheat oven to 180degc. Lay kumara chunks on an oven tray (lined
with baking paper) and toss with olive oil and honey/maple syrup, and season
with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes until kumara is slightly caramelised.
Boil water in a small pot, add couscous, butter and a pinch of salt. Turn off heat, stir together, cover and leave to stand for 5-10min. Fluff up couscous with a fork, and toss with the orange zest, nuts, cranberries or cherries, parsley, mint and roast kumara.