· 1 sprig rosemary
· 1 tablespoon honey
· 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· ¾ cup red wine
· 3 small or 2 large pears, peeled and thinly sliced
· 12 thin slices of ciabatta or sourdough bread
· 8 slices prosciutto, torn
· 60g blue cheese, crumbled
· 4 handfuls baby rocket
· Lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to dress
Prep time: 10 min cook time: 50 min
preheat oven to 200°c. Combine rosemary, honey, balsamic, wine and pears in a small roasting or casserole dish. Cook in oven for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times to evenly coat pears.
Remove and set pears aside and discard rosemary sprig. Transfer syrup to a small pot. Boil syrup for 3-5 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
Lower oven temperature to 180°c. Brush bread slices with a little olive oil, lay on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
Toss rocket with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. To serve, place a handful of rocket on each plate. Arrange 3 slices of toasted bread on top or break into chunks, and top with pears, prosciutto and some blue cheese. Drizzle a little red wine syrup around the plate.