· 3 large croissants cut in half lengthways, or 6 thick
(1.5cm) slices brioche bread
· ½ cup apricot jam or runny clover honey
· ½ tsp ground cinnamon
· ½ cup mascarpone or crème fraîche
· 3 eggs
· ½ cup milk
· 8 ripe apricots, halved and stoned, or 1 can apricot
· 3 tbsp brown sugar
· Remaining mascarpone or crème fraîche or vanilla
ice cream, to serve
PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 20-25 MIN
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lay croissant halves, slightly overlapping, in a round or rectangular casserole or baking dish.
If using jam, melt in a bowl in microwave for 1 minute to loosen. Drizzle jam or honey over croissants and sprinkle over cinnamon.
Whisk mascarpone or crème fraîche to soften, then whisk in eggs, and then the milk. Whisk until smooth. Pour custard over the bread and push bread down to soak in the custard.
Top with apricots and sprinkle over brown sugar. Bake in the oven for 20-25min until the sugar is bubbling.
Allow pudding to stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with mascarpone, crème fraîche or ice cream.