100 grams kamahi honey
1 pinch salt
150 grams butter, diced
300 ml evaporated milk
750 grams sugar
1. Lightly grease a 20 x 20cm square tin and line it with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the evaporated milk, water and sugar into a large pot and slowly bring it up to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
3. Once it is bubbling add the honey and salt, stir every 30 seconds to make sure the bottom does not start to burn.
4. Keep stirring until the mix reaches a temperature of 115 degc, this will take approximately 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat, add in the butter and stir with great gusto — as the fudge cools it will begin to thicken.
6. Pour the mix into the tin and tap the tin on a chopping board to level the hot fudge mix.
7. Before it has completely set cut the fudge partly into squares but don’t cut it all the way through.
8. Once completely cool, cut up and wrap up for gifts.