· 4 small skinless chicken breast fillets
· 2 cups long grain white rice
· 1/2 lettuce, sliced
· 1/4 small red cabbage, sliced
· 2 carrots, grated
· 3 spring onions, sliced
· 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
· 1 tsp sesame oil
· 1 1/2 tsp rewarewa honey
· 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· 1 tsp grated fresh ginger, extra
1. In a large bowl, coat chicken breasts with maggi ten minute marinade teriyaki, marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Cook rice following packet directions.
3. Preheat oven to 200°c. Bake chicken in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked, turning once and basting once only with any remaining marinade.
4. Prepare the salad while the chicken is cooking. Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. To make dressing, place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Toss dressing through salad and arrange on a platter. Cut chicken into slices and place on top of salad. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice.
10 minutes plus 10 minutes marinating time