· 125g butter, softened
· 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 2 eggs, lightly beaten
· 1/4 cup manuka honey, warmed
· 1 large banana, mashed
· 1 cup wholemeal flour
· 11/2 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp ground cinnamon
· 1/2 cup walnut pieces
1. Heat oven to 160 deg C fan bake. Grease a standard loaf tin and line with baking paper.
2. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the honey and mashed banana.
3. Fold in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Lastly, fold in the walnuts. Spoon into prepared loaf tin and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.