· 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat butter and honey until combined.
2. Mix in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix in flour and salt until just combined.
4. Divide dough into two parts. Wrap each section in plastic wrap and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 325 F.
6. Remove first half of dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface to just over 1/4" thick.
7. Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters (and attempt to stop kids from eating all the cookie dough before you’ve even gotten them near the oven!)
8. Arrange cut out cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper. The cookies will not rise very much so they can be placed close together on the sheet.
9. Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
10. Cool cookies on a cooling rack.
11. Roll out, cut, and bake the second half of the dough.