Recipe by: Nadia Lim- https://nadialim.com/recipe/honey-roasted-root-vegetables /
- beetroot 250 grams, peeled and cut into 2cm wedges
- baby carrots 250 grams, trimmed (or large carrots cut into 2cm batons)
- orange kumara 300 grams, scrubbed, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- rosemary 3 sprigs, leaves only
- Happy Valley Liquid honey 2 tablespoons
- balsamic vinegar 3 teaspoons
- flaky sea salt 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Arrange vegetables on the tray in a single layer, keeping the different types separate. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter over rosemary. Roast veges for 20-25 minutes, turning once during cooking, until starting to caramelise.
- Meanwhile whisk together honey, balsamic vinegar and a good grind of black pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle mixture over cooked vegetables and toss gently to coat. Scatter over salt and return to oven for about 5 minutes until vegetables are cooked through and sticky and caramelised around the edges.